The building, originally used for residential purposes, is now referred to as a palace. Delightfully ornate Art Nouveau-Electic building attracts the attention of every passerby. Its main element is stucco with an image of a bathing nymph.
At the end of the 19th century, the property was the residence of engineer and factory owner Wilhelm Kretzschmar. In 1906 the property passed to Franciszek Gassner, who expanded the single-story villa by adding a first floor and a characteristic turret. After World War II, the building was taken over by the city administration. It currently houses the registry office.